What Is Molded Fiber Corner and Edge Protection?
Fiber Interior Packaging combines fibrous materials like paperboard or newsprint with water to produce a malleable pulp that we shape into rectangles and triangles. These fit edges and corners, offering greater protection for your products during transport and storage.
About Our Corner and Edge Protection Fiber Molds
We’ve crafted our molded fiber parts with a smooth interior surface to reduce the chances of finish abrasion and scratches. They also feature a reinforced, attenuating design to absorb shock at crucial product points.
Great Northern offers our robust edge and corner protection in several standard sizes to meet your needs:
- 4 inch coverage corner protector
- 4.875 coverage corner protector
- Large edge protection pad
Benefits of Our Molded Fiber Corner and Edge Protection
Choosing molded fiber has many benefits, including high-quality protection without compromising product security. Other advantages gained through these options include:
- Cost-effectiveness: Our fiber pads enable you to save money compared to other inner packaging solutions like Styrofoam® or airbags. This is because their simple, easy-to-use design eliminates the extra labor associated with cutting and assembling other shipping protection.
- Sustainability: We manufacture our molded fiber pads from recycled paper, contributing to a circular supply chain. These products reduce the need for other packaging materials, and our solutions are 100% recyclable and biodegradable for additional environmental friendliness.
- Durability: These pads are made to specifically fit your product to guard against product damage. We’ve designed them to handle the demands of modern distribution through the last mile.
Why Partner With Us?
Fiber Interior Packaging is part of the Great Northern family, boasting over 60 years of experience providing full-scale package protection and related services. Our capabilities include offering effective packaging products for a broad range of applications, including:
We can also provide in-house International Safe Transit Association (ISTA®) testing and certification services.
As e-commerce packaging experts, we have a history of successful results. Plus, we’re members of Amazon’s Packaging Support and Supplier Network (APASS) and support the company’s Frustration-Free Packaging initiative.
If your needs go beyond our standard options, our in-house engineers can custom-design solutions to meet unique product contours. Please ask a team member for more information.
Contact Great Northern for Molded Fiber Edge and Corner Protection
We carry an in-stock inventory of our standard product options, so they’re ready for fast shipment. Our team can also provide short lead times on custom protection solutions.
Want to learn more about how we can help you? You can submit our contact form or call 920-212-4132 to talk to an expert today.